A microwave is an essential appliance for any kitchen, but it can be difficult to know which plates are safe to use in the microwave. This article will discuss what you need to look for when purchasing plates and give tips on how to keep your food tasting fresh. This blog post will talk about some of the ways that people usually go wrong while cooking with a microwave oven or using it for reheating leftovers. It will offer helpful advice on how to avoid these mistakes and maintain your healthy diet by avoiding microwave leftovers, if possible.
- Made in USA of polypropylene, a BPA-free and Melamine-free plastic. Color is white with light gray speckles.
- Great reusable alternative to wasteful disposable dinnerware; use again and again
- Pink 10 Inch Dinner Plate Set: Complete your kitchen with our set of stackable marble plates that have a swirly marble design; ideal for your home or office kitchen
- Versatile: The pink marble ceramic plates are great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; for everything from steaks, pasta, and chicken, to sandwiches, scrambled eggs, and pancakes
- [ Charming Wheat Straw Dinnerware Set of 8 ] - Elevate everyday meals into delightful displays of color & flavor with our wheat straw unbreakable dishes set. Featuring 4 drop-proof plates and 4 bowls in beautiful color tones that you'll not only be able to eat off of but admire and appreciate. A great gift for eco-minded people and families.
- [ Custom Design with Everyone in Mind ] - Our uniquely designed bowls are the deepest available at 28 oz. and perfect for soup, cereal, salads, ramen, pasta, ice cream and more. Upward curving lip of the plates reduces spillage. Our high-quality dinnerware looks great and is ideal for everyone in your family.
- √ Lightweight& durable– chip resistant, scratch proof, ultra-durable wheat straw plates stand up to the wildest antics. you can explore throwing, pushing, and knocking your dinner ware around.
- √ Eco-friendly & environmeentally– our wheat straw tablewares are renewable as well as sustainable, making them non-toxic, bpa free, phthalates free, pvc free, lead-freel, cadmium- free, approved and food-grade.
- SAFE WHEAT STRAW MATERIAL – Our wheat straw plates are made of high-quality wheat straw fiber material, which is safe for direct contact with food and will emit no bad substances, you can use it for you and your family with confidence. The wheat straw material will cause no burden to the earth when you decide to dispose of it.
- MICROWAVABLE & DISHWASHER SAFE – Our wheat straw dinner plates are of excellent heat resistance, Can bear Temperature up to 248 ℉, allowing it to be microwaved without deforming, and to be washed in dishwashers.Do not grill or bake, do not use metal knives to cut.
Reviews of the Top 10 Microwave Safe Plates
There are several options for microwavable plates, and choosing one seems easy. The type of plates you choose could have an impact on the option you choose. In addition to reviewing the pros and cons of each set, we review the five best microwave-safe plates.
Microwave-safe 6-piece dinnerware set
- Dinner plates for everyday use or entertaining
- Includes 6 dinner plates made of durable AB-grade porcelain with a white finish
There is a six-pack of AmazonBasics plates on offer, and the plates are durable. In an elegant white color, they make a memorable statement.
There are two 10.5-inch plates. These plates are, of course, microwave-safe. The sturdy, durable surface makes them ideal for outdoor use. Furthermore, they are dishwasher- and freezer-safe.
Despite their high temperatures, these plates are durable. It is good to know each dish can handle that level of heat, even though the microwave will not reach that temperature.
Porcelain is used in the manufacture of each plate, which is a very high-quality material that won’t absorb any lead. It’s safe for everyday use and a good set of dishes for a family.
The 6 pieces of porcelain plates are microwavable and colored
- SWEESE SQUARE BLUE COLLECTION PLATES DEBUT! - Sweese stylish square plates design is sleek enough to fit alongside contemporary decor. It suits all table decors and flatters any food! Beautiful dessert plates not only delights the guests, but also delights us, who carefully prepare the food.
- PERFECT SIZE - Each plate measures 7.4 inches. Ideal for dessert, snacks, and bread. The edge is slightly curved to ensure that food will not spill easily, which is ideal for daily use.
Sweese’s six-piece set of plates is ideal for those looking for a more colorful and compact set of dishes.
Each plate measures 7.5 inches, so it’s more of a salad or dessert plate size. In fact, you can use it with just about any type of food – not just salads and desserts. Furthermore, since the plates are smaller, the set is ideal for people with smaller microwaves. In addition to their beautiful blue color, these plates aren’t round, which makes them stand out. The edges are rounded, but the square shape gives them an incredibly unique aesthetic. These plates are my favorites of the models that we reviewed. They are not available in any other colors.
This set of plates is also made from lead-free, chip-resistant porcelain, just like the AmazonBasics plate set. Plates in this set can also be washed in the dishwasher, baked in the oven, and kept in the freezer.
Good Cook microwave plate set of four
- Use to cook or reheat food right in the microwave
- Cool-Touch feature
From Good Cook, a microwave-safe set of four plates. The plates are suitable for preparing food or reheating food directly in the microwave. There are 11-inch plates. As opposed to other microwavable materials, the BPA-free plastic used does not get hot as it does in a microwave. A handy little tab is also present on the rim of the dish, which allows you to easily remove it from the microwave without touching the hot food. Besides the rounded edge of the Good Cook plate, it also prevents spills or liquids from sliding off the sides.
This plate set cannot be oven or freezer safe, unlike other reviewed sets. Plates such as these are designed to be utilitarian and functional rather than to be aesthetically pleasing. When it comes to colorful or pretty plates, you should look elsewhere.
Weighs less than 3 lbs. and is durable
- 【Eco-Friendly Wheat Material】Made of natural organic wheat straw fiber, 100% BPA free, non-toxic, odorless and environmentally friendly. No plastics and harmful chemical materials. Very healthy and beautiful tableware for your new home.
- 【Lightweight & Unbreakable】These cereal Dinner Plates designed with space-saving style and smooth round edges. They are light to hold and different colors of dinner plates make life more pleasant. Super sturdy and durable, unbreakable even if falling down! Prevent kids and adults from hurt.
Stunning and eco-friendly organic wheat straw fibers make up these beautiful and eco-friendly plates. The plates are made without the use of plastic, which makes them a very environmentally friendly product. The chemicals in plastics, such as BPA, are also not present in these products. Wheat fibers do not mean they are flimsy just because they are made from them. Under normal conditions, each plate will not break and will be incredibly light. This set of four plates is not only very eco-friendly but also looks great and has four different pastel colors for a nice soft feel in your dining room.
The 9.5-inch width of these plates makes them ideal for smaller microwaves, as they are 8 inches wide, just like the Swedish set.
Additionally, each plate is also very safe in the microwave, oven, and freezer, and the dishwasher makes cleaning very easy.
Microwave-safe disposable plates that can be disposed of after use
- 9” paper plates: serve full meals in convenient style compostable food plates. Perfect to serve a main dish with sides. The biodegradable plates Makes a great choice for your daily meals or restaurants, food trucks, to-go orders, special events, and other types of food service environments.
- 100% sugarcane fiber: The nine-inch plate is made of 100% sugarcane fiber, a sustainable, renewable, and biodegradable material. A great alternative to traditional paper or plastic, The disposable plate offers the same sturdy function and easy cleanup, yet it’s completely tree- and plastic-free.
This is the perfect disposable plate for anyone looking for an environmentally friendly and microwave-safe choice.
You can count on these plates to provide you with what you need for parties, barbecues, or other events. And unlike standard paper plates, they look great, too.
Sugarcane fiber is used to make each nine-inch plate, which eliminates the need for plastic (or trees). Given that they’re meant to be single-use, it’s impressive how durable these plates are.
Also, they are freezer safe as well as microwave safe. The paper plates on this package do not have a wax or plastic lining like many others. Nowadays, wax plates are lined with wax, preventing liquids from soaking in and tearing the plates. The plates themselves do not absorb liquids even without a lining. The set contains 125 plates, which are ideal for any occasion.
Microwave-friendly 18-piece kitchen dinnerware set
- 18-piece round dinnerware set; service for 6
- AB-grade porcelain; BPA-free; lightweight yet durable
This 18-piece dinnerware set from AmazonBasics is the first on our list. There are six pieces of each of your most necessary bowls and plates inside the box. Up to six people can be served a full three-course meal using the standard dinner plates, dessert plates, and bowls.
Aside from its elegant white color and shiny finish, this plate is constructed of high-quality materials. This brightly colored plate will complement any kitchen’s interior, thanks to its bright appearance. As the white in your cuisine has a specific color tone, it also draws attention to all the colors you use. Additionally, this set utilizes AmazonBasics’ space-saving design in addition to being minimal and stylish. Now you can store and stack plates easily! The bowls can be stacked on top of the plates without effort in a stable way, saving an incredible amount of space.
You will receive more than you expected from this dinnerware set since durability is always a priority. A porcelain plate or bowl made with AB-grade is highly durable and of top quality. Porcelain plates are resistant to heat up to 300 degrees Celsius due to their bonds between the porcelain.
Microwave-safe 16-Piece Cafe Stripe Dinnerware Set from Basics
- 16-piece round dinnerware set of matching plates, bowls and coffee mugs; service for 4
- AB-grade porcelain; BPA-free; lightweight yet durable
We next picked something from AmazonBasics that is slightly more affordable. It is an ideal choice for a homely dinner party with 4 people and can also work well as an everyday dinner set. You’ll find 4 dinner plates, 4 bowls, 4 mugs, and 4 dessert plates in this set.
With porcelain AB-grade construction, this dinnerware set provides the benefits of porcelain at an affordable price. Besides being light in weight, the pieces are stackable as well, which makes storage easier. You can use this set not only with your microwave but it can also be placed in your dishwasher, so no worries about dirty dishes piling up!
The design of this set is also very appealing to us. With a white surface and a trim detail that can be seen at the top, this dining table gives your dining room a touch of contemporary style.
However, we recommend that you handle these plates carefully if you’ve been heating them for long periods of time in a microwave. We feel it is a small reward, however, given the cost-effectiveness of the product.
Gibson Soho Lounge Microwave and Dishwasher Safe Dinnerware Set
- Service for four includes: 4 dinner plates, 4 dessert plates, 4 soup/salad bowls, 4 mugs
- Stoneware material with reactive glaze; Elegant two tone set helps you set your table in style
You’re going to love this set from Gibson Soho if you prefer your dinnerware with a bit of edge. The 16-piece set boasts a beautiful contemporary design that is great both in the kitchen and on the dining room table.
Using this set of 16, your guests can be comfortably served, as it includes the appropriate number of dinner plates, dessert plates, mugs, soup/salad bowls, and vases. Microwave-safe, as well as dishwasher-safe, these plates fit in your dishwasher just fine. Make leftovers easy to prepare, and then put the dishes in the dishwasher after you’re finished.
The high-quality construction of this set is our favorite feature. Its affordable price does not detract from its robust stoneware construction and refined reactive glaze. It might be susceptible to breaking if you are clumsy or have children around the house.
Microwave safe dinner plates and bowls from AmazonBasics – 18-piece square dinnerware set
- 18-piece dinnerware set of matching plates and bowls; service for 6
- AB-grade porcelain for everyday use; lightweight yet durable
This set from AmazonBasics is specially chosen for our readers who like to throw intimate dinner parties from time to time.
There are 18 pieces in this collection that will allow you to serve a party of 6 with ease and style.
The set includes dinner plates, bowls, and salad plates in six pieces each. While this set is missing mugs, we think the low price of the set makes that perfectly acceptable. In addition, these pieces will go well with the aesthetics of your existing dinnerware or home decor as a whole.
You can use this set in your dishwasher and microwave, of course. In fact, you can even freeze it! It’s true; even at extremely low temperatures, they won’t lose their value. And these guys have the ability to withstand temperatures of up to 572 degrees Fahrenheit. Incredible.
Obviously, the set’s most notable feature is its beauty. We may be shallow, but we know you’ll agree. Depending on how you like your dishes to look, you can choose modern, clean lines or a more homey, soft design.
Stainless steel dishwashing machine, microwave, and oven-safe dinnerware set by Corelle
- 18-PIECE SET: Includes (6) 10-1/4-inch dinner plates, (6) 6-3/4-inch appetizer plates and (6) 18-oz soup/cereal bowls. This set has everything you need for a full table service of 6, and it comes with the classic Corelle style.
- LIGHT AND STRONG: Say goodbye to chips and cracks with Corelle's triple-layer-strong glass plates and bowls. This durable dinnerware set is lightweight, easy to handle, and allows for compact stacking, which takes half the space of ceramic dishes.
You are likely familiar with Corelle regardless of how long you have been doing dinnerware. This brand has a 20-year history as a producer of dinnerware that stands out among the competition.
This set is one of their biggest bestsellers, and it’s pretty easy to see why.
Classic set of 18 pieces that you can probably recognize from your family and friends’ homes. Each piece of this set is constructed from triple-layer glass, making it resistant to breaking, chipping, and behaving like porcelain.
Furthermore, they’re lightweight and stackable, so storage is easy. Let’s see what you’re getting with this set. Each set includes six microwave-safe cereal or soup bowls that hold 18 oz., six dinner plates that measure 10.25 inches each, and six appetizer plates. Everything you need to serve your guests is here.
They are microwave-safe, dishwasher-safe, and oven-safe, which is the best feature of these plates. That should clear up any questions you may have about the high price. Corelle is truly your best option when it comes to kitchen cabinets.
Buying Guide – How to find the best microwave-safe plates for your needs
What is the best option for you after reviewing five different types of plates, and what kinds of plates does your microwave need? In our guide, we’ve added a few points to consider before finalizing your purchase.
Ensure that the microwave can accommodate the plates you select. If you would like to know what size plates your microwave can handle, you will need to measure the turntable’s inside diameter. There is a size listed on every plate we have reviewed; be sure they fit.
There are different types of plates. There are some plates that are stronger than others; if you drop or use your plates a lot, it might be better to choose a more robust material, such as porcelain.
Plate sets commonly contain six plates. How many will you be able to handle? To ensure that you are receiving the right amount, check the product information.
Microwave safe plates are available in many different designs, and if you are looking for a plain white, durable plate, the AmazonBasic plate is the best bet. In contrast, the Swedish plates may better fit your aesthetic if you are looking to add some color to your dining experience.
There are microwave covers that serve multiple functions if you like the idea of one product serving multiple purposes. Several of the microwave covers on our list serve as other items as well, such as colanders and baking dishes.
Personal preferences also influence style. If your food is cooked in the microwave, would you like to see it? Consider a transparent design if you can. Would you like the top to have a handle? Is there a color you would like? The functionality of a cover is not affected by style factors, but being aware of them is important.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can microwave plates be used?
Plastic will therefore continue to be used by many consumers in the future. In addition, it is lightweight and cost-effective. If you want to be extra cautious, you should use ceramic or glass dishes.
How do you microwave a plate without it getting hot?
The Microwave Wizard website notes that Progressive products include glassware, as well as plastic cookware of high quality. A model with a diameter of 9 3/4 inches works well for microwave dishes.
Is it safe to microwave plates?
Microwave-safe bowls and plates are widely available; however, if you choose the wrong dish, your dinnerware and your dinner could be ruined. Food can be cooked and stored in dishes that are microwave safe. Dishes that cannot be microwaved can only be stored or served.
Is Walmart’s plastic plate microwave-safe?
Plastic plates 10.5 inches in diameter by Mainstays are ideal for party use and everyday dining! These plates are made of BPA-free polypropylene plastic and are dishwasher safe. In addition, they can also be microwaved.
How can I stop my microwave from breaking my plates?
Breakage of microwave-safe food: In most cases, if a dish breaks in the microwave, this is due to a hairline crack, a chip, or an open crack visible to the eye. Microwaves can be attracted to liquids if they seep into damaged areas. It can become heated and steamy enough to cause the dish to shatter as a result.
Cleaning splatters and cold-centered casseroles will be a thing of the past if you buy one of our best microwave food covers. In addition, your food will taste fresher, and if you’re eating microwaved leftovers, you won’t even be able to tell that they are, indeed, leftovers. A high-quality microwave cover is a must-have for every kitchen.